CORPORATE POWER LIMITED T/A ENERGYCENTRIC
Corporate Power Limited (t/a Energycentric) (company number: 07680546) (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. You should also review any of the following contracts which you may also have entered into with us as these will also include privacy-related information:
- end user licence agreement relating to the provision of certain software services to you (EULA);
Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By taking one (or more) of the following actions, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy (although we may also seek additional consents where necessary and/or appropriate):
- visiting www.energycentric.co.uk;
- using the software services provided to you pursuant to an EULA;
- receiving our tenant billing services (please see the Tenant Billing Services section below).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Corporate Power Limited of Abacus House, 68A North Street, Romford, RM1 1DA. Our Data Protection Officer is Paul Antoniades.
Tenant Billing Services:
This policy may have been made available to you because you are the tenant of a property to which we have agreed to provide our tenant billing services. If this is the case, our agreement will be with your property owner/landlord/managing agent. As part of our services to your property owner/landlord/managing agent, we will be issuing invoices directly to you in respect of the amounts due from you in respect of the supply of utilities to your property.
Your details (name and address) may have been provided to us by your owner/landlord/managing agent and we may receive details of your utility consumption (directly or indirectly) from third party utility suppliers.
Any of your personal data received as part of our tenant billing services will be dealt with in accordance with this policy.
Information we collect from you:
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by:
- filling in forms on our site www.energycentric.co.uk (our site);
- reporting a problem with our site;
- interacting with us through our social media sites (including Twitter, @Energycentric and Facebook, @Energycentric);
- registering to use any of our software services and accepting an EULA;
- corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; and/or
- registering or contracting with us for us to provide our services to you.
- Information we collect about you. This is information that we may collect about you, as follows:
- with regard to each of your visits to our site we may collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information to our platform, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- with regard to your use of any of our software services we may collect the following information:
- the number of times you login to our platform, the time spent on our platform, your username and password, the organisation you are part of and your job role and position.
- with regard to each of your visits to our site we may collect the following information:
- Information we receive from other sources. As set out in the Tenant Billing Services section above, we may receive details of your name and address from the owner/landlord/managing agent of the property of which you are a resident and we may receive details of your utility consumption from the relevant utility supplier.
Uses made of the information:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- (provided you have consented to this) to provide you with information about other services we offer;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to assess your compliance with any EULA to which you are a party.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information to provide our services to you (including our software services and our tenant billing services) and to contact you with any queries about our services.
Disclosure of your information:
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, this shall include (in respect of tenant billing services) your owner/landlord/managing agent and third party utility providers;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- our professional advisors in the event that we require their advice in respect of any matter and it is reasonably necessary that your personal data is provided to facilitate the provision of such advice.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Corporate Power Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users/clients/other partners will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any other terms to which you and us are a party; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Corporate Power Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually collect your consent (at the time we collect your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following the link included in any marketing materials we send to you. The Act sets out various rights which you have in respect of your personal data, as follows:
- a right of access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress to you;
- a right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone on 01708765555.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to complain in respect of our use of your personal data. If you are a UK resident, your complaint would normally be addressed to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please contact us before you escalate your complaint.
Access to information:
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
We may use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site (or use our software services).
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allow you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all Energycentric cookies will expire within 24 hours of their creation.